The Electronic Filing Depository (or “EFD”) is a website developed by the North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. (“NASAA”) that has modernized and streamlined the state securities filing process by allowing issuers to submit certain notice filings and corresponding filing fees to state securities regulators.
For more information on NASAA, please visit our website at http://www.nasaa.org.
- EFD Supports Notice Filings for the following:
- Regulation D- Rule 506 offerings
- Form NF-Unit Investment Trust
- Form NF-Mutual Fund
- Certain other corporation finance filing made through the Universal Filing Type (UFT), including:
- Registration by Coordination
- Regulation A (Tier 1 and Tier 2)
- Registration by QualificationState and Federal Crowdfunding Notices
- Regulation D-Rule 504
- Business Opportunity Filings
- EFD also supports Franchise registration applications
It is important to note that just because a company has filed their Form NF with a state or a Form D with the SEC and with the state securities regulator does not mean that the SEC or any state securities regulator has approved the securities or passed any judgment on the soundness of the securities as an investment. If you have questions about a particular offering, you should contact the securities regulator in your state. Contact information is available here: http://www.nasaa.org/about-us/contact-us/contact-your-regulator.